- Do you find you or your staff is spending increasing amounts of time installing Microsoft updates and trying to keep up with all the Adobe program updates?
- Do you have a quasi-tech staff member who is constantly interrupted to try to solve other’s computer problems?
- Do you have some slow-running computers and don’t know what to do to optimize them?
- If one of your computers DOES get a virus (and It happens frequently), do you have workers sitting idle waiting for their machine to be cleaned and returned?
- Do you know how effective/efficient your antivirus software is? Are you sure your settings are such that updates and scans are being conducted regularly? Are you up to date on current security threats?
- Does your company have a robust backup system in place—and does anyone ever check to be sure it’s actually there and working?
- Does your company have a strategy for gradually updating hardware and software so as not to break your budget?
Technology Innovations, Inc. has over 10 years of experience installing, servicing and repairing/updating computer workstations and servers. We can put a service plan into place that fits your business needs and that will alleviate many of the headaches listed above and keep your staff productive and working on their work instead of their computer.
Our contracts don’t have time limits per work station. Our packages are based on a per machine basis and we will do our job to make sure each work station is updated and running according to what is agreed upon. If we find an issue outside the scope of our agreement, you will be advised and a decision made by you as to how to proceed.
Monthly Reports Each month, you’ll receive a report detailing the results of each work station’s maintenance as well as any notes from our technician about anything out of the ordinary noticed.
Avoid Downtime for your Staff We will use remote access software to log into your company’s workstations. Our plan is to have our technicians log in before or after hours to service workstations so as to not disrupt normal working times. From time to time, there may be occasions where maintenance will need to be done during normal business hours.
Small Businesses Are New Targets
Why is this, you ask? Why aren’t they going after the larger targets? It’s because they know smaller companies usually don’t have an IT staff and studies show that 66% of small businesses (under 100 employees), don’t even run antivirus software. Verizon (along with the Secret Service), just released their ‘Verizon 2011 Data Breach Investigations Report’ that shows that although the data loss through cyber attacks had decreased, the total number of breaches was higher than ever with hacking (50%) and malware (49%), making up the most prominent types of attacks.
Prevention Costs Less Than the Cure
Data breaches cost a small business an average of $200,000, according to a recent study by Symantec. It makes good businesses sense to have a security audit and then a maintenance plan put into place to keep your company secure.
Give Technology Innovations a call at 405-831-0500or email us at tim (at)technoinnovations.net, or simply use the contact form on our site to get more information.